The National Assessment and Accreditation Council advocated the establishment of Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the institutions. To address the guidelines, University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya which was established in the year 2011 September with 6 students & constituted Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the University on 27th November 2012. The IQAC plans, guides and monitors Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the University. The main task of the IQAC is to channelize the efforts and measures of the University towards maintaining academic excellence and robust internal governance. Acting as a dynamic method for quality development, IQAC is the central nervous system of the University.
To establish & effectively implement a robust quality system & “To pursue global standards of excellence in all our endeavours encompassing teaching, research, consultancy and continuing education and to remain focused in our core and support functions and in that direction to hold ourselves accountable to our stakeholders, through embedded processes of self-evaluation and continuous improvement”
- To develop quality into the academic and administrative activities of the University by educating, training, counselling and motivating all the teaching and non-teaching members of the University.
- To encourage research related activities for both faculties and research scholars.
- To promote interdisciplinary and collaborative research culture.
- To invite resource persons for various training conducted for teaching and non teaching members.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To design, develop and implement appropriate Quality Processes & Procedures for the academic and administrative activities of the University in consultation with all the concerned members.
- To identify and train a group of internal quality monitoring members to monitor the effective implementation of the quality system procedures.
- To ensure that the established Processes and Procedures are reviewed at periodic intervals and initiating necessary corrective measures towards continuous improvement.
- To maintain suitable documentation to support the Quality Processes and Procedures adopted.
- To disseminate the updated policies/schemes of research to the research scholars and faculty members.
- To facilitate implementation of MoU.
- To facilitate implementation of various policies/ schemes as designed by the Office of the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor.
- To prepare and submit Annual Report and Activity Report to the Office of the Chancellor.
- To update the contents of the website as and when required.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Recommendation to the authority about the incentives of faculty members who excel in research activities.
- Declare code of Ethics to check plagiarisms and malpractices in research publication.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters as and when required.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and suggestion thereby.
- To obtain feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes on a regular basis.
Quality Assurance Activities:
- To promote pedagogical innovation and encouraging innovative teaching practices among the staff and staff development.
- To promote use of e-resources for teaching and Learning Management System (LMS).
- To conduct Academic and Administrative Audit [AAA].
- To participate in NIRF, NAAC, ISO & NBA Accreditation & Ranking Survey
- To participate in International Accreditation process.
- To monitor student progress & mentoring system.
- To organize relevant Seminars, Workshops, Industrial and Educational visits for all students.
- To strengthen Career Guidance and Placement Cell.
- To encourage students to excel in various sports events.
- To motivate Faculty Members in Publication of Journals of International standards & as per the guidelines of UGC.
- To implement Feedback Systems on Faculty, Curriculum, Institutional Performance, Library and Hostel facilities.
- To implement Feedback Systems from Parents, Alumni & Employers.
- To organise Parents- Teachers Meet annually.
- To Promote entrepreneurial drive and create initiatives among students in collaboration with EDC of the University.
- To Engage Students in constructive and sensitive services to the community.
- To inculcate the students, teaching and non teaching members for extending help towards the deprived sections of the people as an outreach activity.
- To sensitize students towards national causes.
- To develop linkages and facilitate collaborations with national and global Universities/ Institutions/ Industry and Research Institutions to expedite research.
- To organise industry-academia meet for a holistic growth of academics.
- To facilitate expansion of revenue sources through consultancy.
- To facilitate Faculty to apply to different state and central funding agencies for research projects.
About IQAC Committee
The tenure of Office of the Members of IQAC shall be for two Years and may be extended by the Chairperson. The Vice Chancellor will be the Chairperson of the Committee. The Chancellor has the sole right to select the Director of IQAC in consultation with the Vice Chancellor depending on the fulfilment of parameters.
Functions of Director:
- To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- To synchronize the documentation of various activities related to quality enhancement.
- To organize the regular meetings of the Committee and to ensure the participation of the members and to make certain about the efficient execution of the decisions of the IQAC members.
- To coordinate in preparation and submission of AQAR.
Function of IQAC Departmental Coordinator
Every Department will have one coordinator to coordinate all events of the Department to IQAC. The IQAC director in consultation with the HOD of the respective department will nominate the departmental coordinator. In case of any discrepancy found, the director in consultation with the Chairperson/Vice Chancellor can remove the Departmental coordinator.
- All the meetings of IQAC shall always be chaired by Vice Chancellor and his / her absence, by any one of the nominees of the Vice Chancellor. Quaterly meeting will be chaired by Director IQAC
- IQAC shall meet at least Four Times a year on dates, times and places decided by the Chairperson / Vice Chancellor and notified by the Director.
- The Agenda for IQAC meetings shall be prepared by Director and Joint Director, IQAC , under the instructions of and with prior approval of the Vice Chancellor / Chairperson.
- An accurate recording of proceedings (minutes) of each meeting shall be prepared and shall be maintained by the office of the Director, IQAC.
- In order to facilitate collaboration, decentralization and smooth decision making and implementation of quality enhancement, the IQAC shall function at different committees/ cells. (All the cells/centres should be included here).
- This Committee shall ensure that there is consistent improvement of quality in the University through its regular meetings. It will not only provide suggestions for quality improvement of the university but also review the activities of the IQAC in the University. (composition of this committee is as per the guidelines of NAAC).
- IQAC Team: The IQAC would originate the planning for Quality improvement and its proper implementation, in consultation with the Executive Committee. The documentation of all activities and submission of reports to external bodies comes under this committee. (composition of this committee is as per the guidelines of NAAC).